Talk is cheap and lies are expensive…
His wallet’s fat and so is his head… (Bonus points if you know where this line comes from)
I just can’t get enough of this. How glorious it feels to watch the biggest loser… LOSE. To watch his ego crumble knowing that the REST of the world is NOT going to bend over and grab their ankles because BHussein decided to BLESS them with his glorious presence.
So HOW much did it cost us taxpayers to send BHussein, MicHELLe, the Oprah, and others to Copenhagen just to come back empty handed?
In 2006, it was said that the approximate cost of using Air Force One is around $56,508 an hour. Don’t believe me? Here: PDF from ‘oversight.house.gov
Remember, THIS was in 2006. Recently, The Pentagon said it costs a whopping $100,219 an hour to fly the massive Boeing 747 WITHOUT his majesty aboard. Yes, my friends, That’s $100,219 an HOUR, SO FAR. Now, factor in the costs for support, maintenance, and protection. We’re talking a LOT of bread here.
Now, let’s calculate the distance from Washington D.C. to Copenhagen. The 121st ICO Session and XIII Olympic Congress was held in the Bella Center in Copenhagen Denmark. It’s just about a 14-hour trip there and back. That leaves US with a bill of somewhere around $790,000 to $1.4 million — SO FAR.
When the “President” (in this case, current occupant of the White House) travels, there are additional expenses. Security, Press, any equipment *cough teleprompter cough*. Also, keep in mind that MicHELLe, along with her personnel, security, administration officials, and her besties traveled AHEAD of the president at our expense…
How many of you know what A carbon footprint is? Well, my friends, I’ll tell you. A “Carbon Footprint” is the amount of greenhouse gas emissions caused by whatever individual, event, activity, or even a product. For those of us living in the REAL world, it can be simplified into TWO words. BULL SHIT. BUT, The lefties and the ecotards are so STUCK on the carbon footprints that Humans leave behind – it’s worth a mention. For their sake, anyway.
Tony Hake from THE EXAMINER figured this ALL out (approximations, of course):
Calculating the carbon footprint of President Obama’s Olympic trip
We have put together a very rough estimate of the cost in terms of carbon emissions of a trip by the President of the United States to Copenhagen.
Air Force One – President Barack Obama
* Distance from Washington D.C. to Copenhagen, Denmark, round trip: 8,100 miles
* Air Force One (Boeing 747 / VC-25A) cruising speed: 576mph
* Fuel used by Boeing 747 per hour: 3,378 gallons
* Flight time round trip: 14.06 hours one-way (assuming direct, straight-line flight)
* Fuel consumed during round trip flight to Denmark: 47,503 gallons or 296,894 lbs (6.25 lbs / gal)
* Carbon emissions of the flight: 1,031 tons of CO2 *
* Total warming effect of CO2 for flight: 2,785 tons of CO2 **
Those calculations are for one airplane however. The president always has a second, spare airplane that goes along as well therefore the total must be multiplied by two.
* Total warming effect of CO2 for two Air Force One planes: 5,571 tons of CO2 *
First Lady Michelle Obama
The first lady flew to Copenhagen aboard an Air Force 737 (C40) in advance of the president. Judging from the video of her arrival, this was a 737-800, a very fuel efficient plane by comparison to Air Force One.
* Boeing 737-800 cruising speed: 514 mph
* Fuel used by Boeing 737 per hour: 786 gallons
* Flight time: 15.75 hours one-way (assuming direct, straight-line flight)
* Fuel consumed during round trip flight to Denmark: 12,386 gallons or 77,714 lbs
* Carbon emissions of the flight: 269 tons of CO2
* Total warming effect of CO2 for flight: 726 tons of CO2
According to the White House’s website, “Several cargo planes typically fly ahead of Air Force One to provide the President with services needed in remote locations.” These include carrying the vehicles for his motorcade, Secret Service personnel, an advance scout detail and more. The exact details of the planes and the number of them is of course top secret but let’s assume there were three planes, comparable to the one Michelle Obama flew.
* Total warming effect of CO2 for additional aircraft: 3 X 726 = 2,178 tons of CO2
The Final Tally
* 5,571 tons CO2 for President Obama
* 726 tons CO2 for first lady Michelle Obama
* 2,178 tons CO2 for support aircraft
Grand Total: 8,379 tons CO2 for trip to Copenhagen
Just to make things interesting, Tony Hake compares all of this to the “carbon footprint” of the average American household:
By comparison, the average American household has a carbon footprint of 19.5 tons of CO2 per year.
Therefore, President Obama’s two day trip deposited as much CO2 into the atmosphere as 430 American families do in an entire year.
HOLY fucking HELLBALLS SOMEONE CALL AL GORE!
Let’s take one more look at the LOSERS!